For your little ones:
In the sea of a million apps for your tablets, I’ve done a little searching, testing, and have picked out a list of Apps that we love or those that are next on our list to try. Check them out and let me know if you have some favorites too that my little man and I could try out!
- Press Here the App! Just like the book, but interactive.
- Peek-A-Zoo. We love this one!
- Sound Touch. This one is on our To Try List. Logan loves Baby Einstein, Baby Noah so I think he’s going to flip for this app.
- Piano Ball
- Peekaboo Barn
#firstdayofschoolthoughts is trending on Twitter today. As I was looking through all the twit pics (is this the right term, I have no idea really), I realized that each one of these pictures that people are posting applies to nearly every day of work. Little do they know how much they’ll want to drop out of work and go back to school sometime. Check them out!
Two books I’m reading that are good so far and I definitely recommend:
- The House at Riverton by Kate Morton. I’ve read quite a few of her books and like them a lot.
- The Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahern. Ok so I’m not “reading” this, that’s a little bit of a lie. But like she says in the book, it’s ok if the outcome is the same right? I’m listening to this one on my way home from work. If you’re a busy working mom, one of the easiest ways to squeeze in a good book is to download it onto your phone from iTunes and listen as you drive. If you haven’t read a Cecelia Ahern book (you’d live in a bubble if you haven’t heard of PS I Love You), you definitely should check out a few. Her stories are very different from most of the books on the shelf right now. They have a little bit of whimsy and step a little outside of reality.
Have you heard of Berry Ripe? If you’re looking for a one stop shop for some good recipes, tips for living a healthy lifestyle, giveaways, or fitness ideas, check them out! Here is one of their easy recipes: Baked kale chips, yum!
Have a happy week! I’d love to hear about any tidbits you’d like share that you have found this week.